Friday, August 8, 2008

10 years later

In high school, I met this guy named Darryl from another friend. We hung out briefly in school, but not really. For the last 10 years since high school, I forgot all about him. Until now. Through the wonders of MySpace, I found him and we reconnected. We got to talking and as it turns out, his brother is my manager at the store, the one who replaced June as you recall from an earlier post.

Also recently I've reconnected with Erin, whom I've known since I was small and growing up since she lived around the corner from me. She found me on Facebook and we talk back and forth all day every day since she's a stay at home mom too. It's like having a sister back, we were pretty close back in the day. We tell each other secrets and other sisterly things (since I've never had a real sister).

After losing my other loser bitch friend L that I posted about a couple weeks ago, who doesn't care about anyone but herself, it's good to know I still have good friends out there who I know won't screw me over and make me feel like crap.

Also, an update on M whom I mentioned in an earlier blog. She's made a big turnaround and is doing well. She stopped the lying, she doesn't seem as unstable and she's actually starting to be a good friend. Even Redbeard likes the changes she's made. She's a lot better friend than L is now, and I'm really happy about that.

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Hello Jess,

I'm so happy thsat you have reconnected with old friends. It's great when it all works out well. Hope you are good. :0)

Jayne said...

Oh wait. I love the slideshow at the top of your blog!!