Friday, July 25, 2008

The Many Names of The Girl

Ever since I was young, I've had several nicknames given to me by my family.

My birthday is on October 31. Yes, Halloween. So I've always been my dad's little pumpkin and my mom's little witch.

As you already know, my name is Jess. But my brothers and my dad have made many corruptions of that name.

First it started as Jen. Then Jenny-freeze and Jen-Jen.

Spending most of my time with the guys after my mom left, I was just one of the guys. They started calling me Jeffrey, or Jeff.

Obviously you know I get called The Girl by them too. Other wacky ones have been Cole Slaw, The Man, Jennipers, and Flossy.

Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

That's a lot of nicknames! I have been called D (which needs no explanation) and Dawny (which I hate). One of my daycare babies couldn't say Dawn, so she called me Nonny. I've also been called Sunshine, Tinkerbell, Trouble, Miss Pretty and my Gram used to call me Sweet Bug.

Ted D said...

Jess, my Ciera goes by Sissy, CC, Cece, Boo, Punkin', and Princess. Must be a girl thing.

Redbeard76 said...

I haven't really liked any of the nicknames people have given me over the years, but one of my friends called me either Stevey V or Stevey D, I liked that one. Other than that it's just Steve or Stephen. I even hated 'dude' for awhile. I really don't like 'big guy' or 'big boy'. Grrr.

Redbeard76 said...

I won't tell anyone the one I *really* hate.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.